Auto Maintenance & Service Rockville, MD | Preferred Automotive
When was the last time you took your car in for a maintenance and service appointment? Most people don’t think about auto repair until their car breaks down. If something is wrong with your car, you should take it to a qualified mechanic in Rockville, MD right away. Delaying repairs can lead to more expensive repair work. Additionally, you should always maintain your vehicle based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Here at Preferred Automotive, we know that maintenance is essential to keep your car in good condition. With regular care and upkeep, it’s possible to maximize the life of your vehicle. Even if your car seems to be running fine, you should schedule an appointment to see us if it is time for routine maintenance.
When is Auto Maintenance and Service Needed?
How do you know when it’s time to schedule an appointment for auto maintenance? The best thing you can do is to consult your owner’s manual to review the recommendations. Another option is to talk to our experienced team. We stay current on all vehicle makes and models and will give you the best recommendations based on the type of car that you are driving.
We offer cutting-edge diagnostic systems in our shop. As a result, a standard maintenance checkup can identify other potential problems, if any. As a result, we can make recommendations to help you avoid bigger car repair issues in the future.
Regular Checkups for Your Car
Most people understand the concept of visiting a doctor on a regular basis for health checkups. These annual visits are beneficial to keep your body in top condition. In a similar way, cars need regular inspections to identify if anything is wrong. The inspection gives the mechanic the opportunity to see if anything needs to be adjusted in the vehicle.
As a car owner, you need to protect your investment. Preventive maintenance is one of the best things you can do to keep your car running and avoid major damage. If you fail to keep up with standard maintenance tasks such as oil changes and tire rotations, it is possible you could be dealing with even bigger repair concerns in the future.
Necessary Maintenance for Every Car
These are a few of the standard maintenance tasks that are necessary for every car:
- General Inspection: This type of inspection is necessary before registration. It is also recommended if you plan a big road trip. Periodically checking over the major inspection points on the car makes it simple to catch anything unusual. These inspections usually include everything from air pressure to brake pads, turn signals, and more.
- Check the Fluids: When the car runs low on engine fluids, big problems can occur. It is important to check the oil, antifreeze, coolant, power steering, and wiper fluid. Most mechanics will check these fluids and top them off during a regular oil change.
- Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are essential to keep your engine in good condition. If the oil is left unchanged, it could become muddy or murky and damage the engine in your car. Additionally, the oil keeps the engine lubricated to avoid friction and other problems. Don’t let the oil levels drop too low!
- Battery and Alternator: These two pieces provide the electrical power for your vehicle: lights, radio, notifications, and more. If the alternator goes out, you won’t be able to drive your car to a mechanic to have the problem fixed. We will check the quality of the battery, the connections, and whether the alternator is providing a sufficient charge to the battery.
- Tire Rotations and Balancing: Rotating the tires will help you maintain an even wear on the tread of your tires. Additionally, balance and alignment play a role in the performance of the tires. Tires can be expensive to replace, so it is critical to be proactive to extend the life of the tires as much as possible.
- Switching out the Spark Plugs: Over time, spark plugs wear our or become covered in grime and deposit buildup. When this occurs, it causes the engine to run inefficiently. Not only will you be spending more on fuel, but you also might have problems with your car breaking down. It is a fast and easy solution to switch out the spark plugs to maintain the performance of your car.
- Timing Belt Replacement: If your vehicle has a timing belt, it will eventually need to be replaced. Check your owner’s manual to know the recommendation for this belt change. It is essential to change the timing belt before it breaks.
At Preferred Automotive, we offer all of the auto maintenance and service tasks you need. Stop by our shop located at 12356 Wilkins Ave, Rockville, MD 20852. You are invited to call us anytime if you have questions about the services we offer: (301) 881-8530.